Open to all. Conference fee of £30 (£25 to CCoA Members) includes all preparatory material, lunch and all refreshments.
Conference September 2019
BEING OLD, BEING BOLD
Living by faith, seeking truth, and accepting challenge
Are you interested in making more of life for older people in the Church? You are invited to join CCoA for a conference.
This is a rare opportunity to hear what can be done AND to discuss what you are doing.
The day will include:
- David Jolley, Honorary Reader The University of Manchester; retired Consultant and Professor of Old Age Psychiatry, reflecting on Intergenerational Fairness & Provision
- Helen McCormack, currently Ministry with Older People Development Worker, Northallerton asking Special Need or Special Contribution?
- Rita and Paul Conley, The Salvation Army reporting on Older Prisoners, New Ways of Working
- Albert Jewell, retired Chaplain in MHA and Methodist minister discussing People with Dementia: a Christian Response
- Contributions from participants on local Church activity
- Inter-active Musical Interlude with a Sheffield U3A Ukulele Group
Christians on Ageing is a resource to the Churches and a voice for older people. This conference will help to plan new ways of giving support, spreading ideas and promoting good practice.