Our vision is that older people across the Catholic Diocese of Leeds experience spiritual, emotional and physical wellbeing in positive and inclusive parish communities.
Our mission is to enhance the spiritual, emotional and physical wellbeing of older people across the Catholic Diocese of Leeds through raising awareness, inspiring and supporting responsive action in parishes.
Our Aims & Objectives
- To inspire and actively support parishes to introduce models and approaches which enhance parish-based support and involvement of older people.
- To enable, equip and support individuals and groups in parish communities as they seek to involve and support older people in their own parishes.
- To champion a positive view of ageing and and the vocation of later life, encouraging and highlighting the invaluable contributions of older people.
- To enable sharing of good practice, and provide relevant and helpful information in accessible ways.
- To use a consultative approach so that an increased understanding of needs, hopes and ideas of older people informs all that we do.
‘They shall bear fruit in old age, they shall be fresh and flourishing.’
Psalm 92: 12-15
Newsletter Review of 2020 – 2021:
Here is a very readable summary of what we have been up to in 2020 and 2021:
Previous Strategy documents
Some of our Previous Strategic Plans and Reveiws are available here:
Annual Review 2016-2017 is available here GOG Annual Review 2016 to 2017.
GOG hosted a conference entitled “Loving our Older Neighbour – Christian Community Responses to 21st Century Demographics”.
Download the PDF of the conference write-up: